Iyanna is a freshman at Huffman High School and has been attending Girls Inc. for three years. Iyanna joined our step team where she had to learn precision, coordination, and rhythm. At our summer production held at the Carver Theatre, her performance was phenomenal! During our afterschool program, Iyanna is always willing to take the lead. She attends all classes and participates in all after-school activities. She is loved by the instructors, the girls and all who know her. Iyanna loves school and her favorite subjects are art and math.
Sept. 14 – Mother/Daughter Event
Sept. 28 – Dove Workshop
Oct. 12 - Mother/Daughter Event
At Girls Inc., we strive to inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. We help girls reach their fullest potential by providing gender-specific, age-appropriate programming that teaches life skills and promotes healthy life choices. The Girls Inc. organization has been named one of the Top Five Youth Serving Nonprofits by Philanthropedia, a Guidestar publication.
In 2012, Girls Inc. of Central Alabama services were delivered to over 7,000 Birmingham area youth. Our research-based programs focus on health and wellness, economic literacy, and career preparedness. We recognize that the climate for girls is always changing and we pursue programs that address the greatest needs for school-age girls in our community. We are committed to effectiveness measurement and collaboration in order to provide valuable services to as many girls as possible.
There are currently no announcements.
- Girls have the right to be themselves and to resist gender stereotypes.
- Girls have the right to express themselves with originality and enthusiasm.
- Girls have the right to take risks, to strive freely, and to take pride in success.
- Girls have the right to accept and appreciate their bodies.
- Girls have the right to have confidence in themselves and to be safe in the world.
- Girls have the right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence.