Want to join our team? Below is a list of our current job openings.
English and More After-School Program Instructor (Part-time)
Girls Inc. of Central Alabama is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that has been in operation since 1938. As part of a national organization with over 1,000 sites throughout the United States and Canada, our mission is to inspire all girls to be strong, smart and bold. We offer innovative programs that help girls confront subtle societal messages about their value and potential, and prepare then to lead successful, fulfilling and independent lives.
We are searching for qualified individuals to develop and implement age appropriate activities in reading, literacy, math, and media related areas for girls ages 6 to 18 in an informal afterschool educational setting. This individual will be responsible for planning and implementing a program that includes a variety of age-appropriate curriculum based instruction for their specific area of knowledge.
- 2-4 years’ experience providing direct services to youth
- Associate Degree preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- Experience in developing and implementing youth activities, especially for girls a plus
- Experience in reporting and tracking attendance and activities
- Experience in the field of English, literacy and media instruction preferred
- Individual must be insurable with a good driving record
- Individuals with proven youth involvement preferred
- Minimum 25 hours per week
- Rate of pay $ 12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Must have reliable transportation and clear driving record
No phone calls please. Submit resume and cover letter to Janiece Holloway at: firstname.lastname@example.org.