AmeriCorps Member: Teen Leadership Program Assistant
Member assists the Teen Program Manager in planning and implementing activities for teen girls, that focus on education and career readiness, health and wellness, community service, and life skills development. Essential responsibilities:
- Establish a rapport with participants and parents and maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
- Submit monthly reports of program activities.
- Compile program-related evaluation data.
- Seek volunteers/resources for the educational and team building aspects of the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Teen Program Manager.
- Assist the Teen Program Manager in planning educational and enriching field trips and outside activities.
AmeriCorps Member: STEM Enrichment Assistant
Member assists the Eureka! STEM Program Coordinator to plan and facilitate STEM monthly meetings for middle school and high school students. Essential responsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate SMART (Science, Math, And other Relevant Technologies) classes to elementary and middle school students in the after school program.
- Collaborate with program staff to recruit STEM professionals to program events.
- Produce Eureka! STEM program email updates for parents.
- Assist the Eureka! STEM Program Coordinator in planning STEM industry field trips and outside activities.
AmeriCorps Member: Outreach Volunteer Coordinator
Member serves with the Director of Community Impact to develop volunteer opportunities and agency relationships for a girl-focused mentoring program. Essential responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to recruit, screen, and educate volunteer mentors and girls participating in a mentoring program.
- Develop and retain relationships with local youth-serving agencies to create mentoring opportunities for school-age girls within the Girls Inc. service area.
- Conduct agency tours and provide historical and programmatic information of interest to community stakeholders and volunteers.
- Learn Girls Inc. curriculum and conduct educational classes as assigned.
- Manage data on girls and mentors and beneficiary contacts for national and local outcomes measurements